It is the main guide for Outdoor HDPE Synthetic Rattan Furniture maintenance. We know resin wicker furniture is weather resistant (unlike real rattan furniture only for indoor), maintenance is less demand than the natural rattan. However, with regular maintenance, the outdoor furniture will serve for many years.
Firstly, tools needed for cleaning：
- Mild dish soap (Do not use any abrasive cleaning agents)
- Warm water
- Soft Brush
- Grime eliminating products
Secondly, steps for cleaning:
- Remove cushions and pillows zip covers and set the cushion aside; Clean them separately according to the need.
- Remove leaves and other debris trapped between wicker strands with a vacuum cleaner or soft-bristled brush.
- Pour 1 gallon of warm water mix with about 2 tablespoons mild dish soap and stir until frothy. Spread the solution over all parts of the furniture scrub lightly to dislodge dirt with a sponge or soft brush.
- For mildew, tree sap, and other sticky spots use very small amount of a grime eliminating products on a rag, rub repeatedly rather than hard until the stain has diminished. However, had better rise them away as soon as possible with clear water once stains disappeared, otherwise, prolonged exposure to those heavy-duty cleaner will cause rattan a little bleached and faded.
- Let the furniture dry outside completely after brushing and rise with water until all the soapy residue is gone. If possible, let the Rattan Furniture Set in filtered sunlight or partial shade rather than the intense sun.
- Before storing or putting back the furniture in use, return the cushions and pillows to their covers. Next, apply a thin coat of auto or other paste wax for the clean-as new resin rattan surface, that will help to extend the intervals between washing.